Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS on 6.1 pickup don't work. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alife

Programmer
Mar 7, 2003
US
Upgraded to 6.1 and call pickup don't work on picking up target line but will pickup internal call to intercom.
Any answers?

Are the target lines programmed as 'Private to' the sets they appear on? They should be 'Public'

I understand that but with 4.1, I had them as Private

We have around 400 branch office accross the US with about 60% using Norstar MICS, CICS or 8/24. In going through some old files it looks like throughout the year in 2000 that Staples upgraded and installed many of our locations and every location has a MIC with 4.1.

bkrike you mention 4.1 has alot bugs and I was wondering if there is anything out there that lists the bugs of 4.1. If not, hopefully you can share the problem experience with this SW and it's shortcomings?

All of my locations are loop start lines on LS/DS cartridges, no T-1's or PRI's! I've searched the threads and FAQs but didn't see anything like this question! Thanks!

Actually the majority of those bugs mentioned were related to the PRI..

The ones I dealt with or heard about had to do with T-1's, not analog. I don’t know that alife's "private target line / pickup" was a confirmed bug… I was really just pointing out that sprucegrover was correct, in a non confrontational manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back