Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS/NAM Weird CFNA Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOldMan346

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2002
US
Not sure if this belongs in Norstar or VM forum so I apologize if in wrong place. Also apologize for the length. Have a customer with several locations all set up pretty much the same way. Each location has an MICS with Nortel Application Module (NAM) voice mail. They are stores so there are a number of "agent" or user phones that are hotlined to call a main phone when they go off hook. There is one main phone and a secondary phone. The secondary phone has an answer DN for the first one. In all locations, the main and secondary phones do not have voice mail. The CFNA is set to none, the CFB is set to none and there are no VM boxes for either phone/extension. This setup works like a champ in all locations except one. In this one location, the call rings 4 times then the display shows it forwards to the VM extension and you hear something like "The party you are calling is not available. Using the dial pad, please enter the name of a party." That is not an exact quote as I did not write the whole thing out. This is consistent behavior not a fluke. It also happens on external calls routed to the extensions through the AA. They want the call to ring until answered or disconnected as it does in the other stores. The MICS is DR 6.1 and the NAM is 3.1 I believe. The other stores are not all exactly the same revs but are generally close.

Any thoughts on what could be the cause and how to correct? Thanks in advance.

[yinyang] What goes around - comes around. [wink]
The Old Man

I would set up a hunt group for this and a send the hot line call to the hunt group then the calls can not get to the Vmail

Thanks for the suggestion. The calls should not be getting to the VM now! There is no CFNA, no CFB, no mboxes. It works in the other locations. My brain can't let it go. Thanks again.

The Old Man

Just went in and got rev of NAM. It is 4.0.04E. Found reference to redirect DN. Could that be related?? Thanks in advance.

The Old Man

If that MICS is 5.0 then it could be related with the Nam/vmail issue. But it's been awhile i can't remember if that's with PRI or just plain pots as well.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

1 of the or all lines are on a set that has fna to vm after 4 rings...check all set in programming

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

Thanks. That was the first thing I checked. ABSOLUTELY NONE of the sets have CFNA or CFB set. The "agent" or user sets are locked and hotline to the main sets only. There are no lines assigned to the main sets. They are internal only.

The Old Man

I would check the direct to prime setting and number of rings. Also make sure V.M. ext. is not prime for the lines.

You said - "It also happens on external calls routed to the extensions through the AA". This is probably happening because of the "transfer callback" setting. The only other thing I can think of is the lines are ringing on another phone at the business and the CFNA is set to four rings (just a thought).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back