Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Hardware Config.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtt

Vendor
Aug 8, 2008
US
Configuring for another site that has a 210 unit motel. I am trying to stick with one MICS for this site so I do not have to network.

I understand that I would be using 12 Fiber 0x16 units for the 210 M7100's this will give me a total of 224 digital ports. Installing 2 6 port Fiber cards into the NAM.

Now comes the issue of the AA and VM. To save cost I was planning to use a MAN 4.1 I can get these units for a song and they provide 1000 MB's and 100 hours of storage. My problem is now I do not have an available fiber port to connect the NAM to?

Also, they are using 20 analog loop lines this will present a further problem with a lack of available Fiber ports.

Any suggestions?

The telco. provider may not have a PRI in that area.

Find a older NAM that uses digital ports for connectivity

Offer them the call pilot 150, up to 300 users and its not old as dirt

1 mics ksu = 32 sets
12 0x16 = 192 sets
total = 224 sets

7100 sets = 210 sets
callpilot = 4 sets (for 8 port callpilot 150) or old dsc nam or ds32 fiber adapter

that leaves 10 sets for front desk / admin sets/ rad

at this point you can only have 8 analog lines or
2 t1/pri trunks

other than that you have to link two systems together or have one system with 8 lines for the room and a separate system for the admin(not linked together)

to err is human
to really f things up requires a computer

mike

RikRodgers

I moved this over from the other post cause it was getting to long.

This is a rush job since their NEC 1400 is failing I do not have enough time to train myself on a BCM or Option ( I have not worked on these as of yet ).

As you see in the other posts oldpolelineman was kind enough to help me put a list together to network two MICS.

I was going to set up a test system at the shop before installing the MICS on site.

I have a few questions about networking.

1) Will the two MICS recognize each other or is there programming that must be done to link the two together?

2) What numbering pattern do I use for the Ext's and voice mail. I understand that both MICS will use the same NAM so for example room 100 and room 210 will they both be able to use their same ext. numbers and will dialing from room to room be as easy as dialing just the room number or will there be access codes needed to access each MCIS ext. numbers.?

I really would rather network them cause I have a few of their other sites that have even more than 250 rooms.

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone have the answer regarding how I will be able to number these exts.?

Thanks

In the Norstar you can change the No. plan at Start-UP under Start DN, default is 221-445 In a fully expanded ( 8x 224) all digital sta system. If your room no's. were 101-xxx change your DN Start N. at 100 (221 is default console). Keep in mind you have two DN's assoated with each set and this will affect your routing if you network two systems.Also you will need to change pick-up code (1) to be able to use 100-xxx DNs.The B-2 no's for this configuration is ,default 446-670.I think this is correct for 7.1 software. You can change Indivual DN's but that relly gets me confused.
I have never done a MICS 7.1 Thay came out afte I retire in '04 and I have only done a couple of CICS 7.1 since I "retired".

Ken

Thank you. You have been very helpful!

Is this the cards I should order for the two MICS units that will allow me to physically network them together with the 8 conductor RJ45 network cable:

( NORTEL MERIDIAN NTAK09DA DTI PRI CARD )

Also, can I change all the rooms to be consecutive and match their room numbers to their exts.? Does the two networked MICS act as one system in this enviroment?

For example will ext. users have to dial a special code to dial lets say from 101 to room 210? Like 2210 to jump over to system 2 or could they just dial 210?

This going to be a very simple set up as far as services are going to be. There will be two 7310's at the front desk and AA will handle all calls to the rooms.

The ext. users will only be able to use limited VM features and only local calling will be permitted.
And we are only installing 20 analog POTS lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back