Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS forward phone voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalrith123

Technical User
Nov 30, 2007
US
Hey guys hopefully you can help me out.. We have an older MICS system.. On extension (224) we forward the it to line 225 or 226 depending on the day.. The problem is if the person at 225 doesn't answer then it goes back to 224's voicemail which noone is around to check.. Any way to set it up so that 224 forwards to 225 but if 225 doesn't answer they get 225's voicemail?

Thanks

How do I find the version KSU?
Startalk flash voice mail
Rather it only go to one or the other.. Basically when someone calls in to the office for an appointment they press 224 at the AA which is a phone we have in a closet. Depending who is at work that day they go to the 224 phone in the closet and forward calls to their extension (225 or 226).

Is there any other/better way to handle this?

That is how it is supose to work,there is not a quick way or a button to push and and it will work. There would have to be programming changes in the system. I would make a change and make 225 and 226 have answer DN's on there phone for 224 but the call will still go to 224's MB.

Would that let 225 and 226 know when there is a voicemail on 224's? If so that would work

cook1082 can you explain how that would work please?

You have a MICS with R1T1 software which was the first release for MICS so you are very much outdated.
If you go to latest then you need to get latest voice mail which is Call Pilot.

Even so you are asking for an automatic system for forwarding, cannot think of any way to do that.
There is Service Modes but that is for lines, it would be useful if you had a spare trunk port and and ATA but one call at a time only.
You would point CCR to ATA, ATA hooks back to Trunk port, Night Service is programmed to answer that trunk when you specify.

Why is it they phone cannot ring at the same time? what is the exact setup?

*** NEW FORUM - E-Metrotel UCx ***

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

They can ring at the same time if that is required.. Basically we have people calling in for appointments but there are 2 different people that give out appointments, they rotate daily.

So when someone calls in they press 224 for an appointment, depending on what day it is it might be forwarded to 225 or to 226. If the person at 225/226 is away from her desk and doesn't answer then it goes back to 224's voicemail.

224 headset is in a closet, 225 and 226 are on opposite sides of the building so it is inconvenient for them to go check the phone.

So basically what I would *like* would be if someone calls in, presses 224 it forwards to 225. If the person at 225 does not answer then they get 225's voicemail.

Do the Answer DN option.

One thing that might help along with above is to set delete mailbox 225, change mailbox admin to be ext:225 instead of ext:224.
Then setup the mailbox to Off Prem Notify to Ext 226 when messages are left.
See "Setup and Operation Guide" and look for Off Premise Notification.

So ext 224 and 225 share same mailbox, 226 will be notified when message left.

*** NEW FORUM - E-Metrotel UCx ***

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thanks for your help but a little confused on how to share the same mailbox.

I delete 225 then I re add it?

Tried that, now when I call 224 and it forwards to 225 if 225 doesn't answer it says Not available then goes to Exit

I like the idea curly had but it didn't work.. Anyone know a way for 2 extensions to share 1 mailbox?

If I call 224 it will ring on both phones but after I changed the VM like you described before now if noone answers it just says Not Available and drops the call.

225 - Deleted Mailbox
224 - Changed EXT to 225

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back