Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS DID to Fax Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have T1 service with DID. I want to connect a fax server that uses an analog DID interface to the MICS and send DNIS digits to the fax server. Is there anyway I can repeat or pass the DNIS digits to an analog port or could I use an EM Trunk interface?

There have been a few threads asking a similar question. I think the answer is no, but if you do a search (fax server, for instance,) you will find where it has been discussed.

thread799-876812
thread799-601194
thread799-865132

and more

I looked at this for a while. The answer is "it depends"

(What I did)
If you want eight or less DIDs sent to the fax server, you can get an two or four port ISDN card for the MICS. And an _active_ ISDN card your your PC (~$800). You get eight virtual fax lines (eight is the max the MICS will do). At the time this appeared to be cheaper than an eight port ASM and eight modems. You can get eight more with another ISDN card in the PC.

Of course now we need more than eight fax lines. :(

(What I am going to do)
Get an analog DID trunk line with a couple hundred DIDs a Multitech DID modem ~$450

In both cases I am using Hylafax.

If you want more details, just ask.

Hi,

I am inplementing the same. Operationally, with a DID trunk card how does the modem connect to the port(s) and pass the digits to the desktop?

DID-RJ11 to MODEM-LAN MAIL SRVER?

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back