Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS / CP100 Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevcomm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2006
Hi,

I have a customer with a unique situation

During the day, calls are routed through the receptionist (221) if she is busy on a call, or steps away from her desk, then 2 other people in the front desk area can press the group pickup button and answer the call.

This poses a problem when the other people are on the phone and have to tell the other party to "hold on" while they press the call pickup button...

and sometimes the call goes to voicemail (auto attendant) before they can pick it up.<pickup denied>

So I changed the AA to answer after 8 rings - problem resolved.

NOW at night (night ringing service), users voicemail boxes pickup before the AA because they are set to fwd no answer 4 rings, and the AA is set for 8

so I guess I have 2 scenarios

1 - (day) - receptionist answers calls, need AA as backup after 6-8 rings

2 - (night / off hours) - 8 other phones ring, need AA as backup after 4 rings

any help would be appreciated ---

Use Service Modes to use A Ring Group to send all calls to AA,(Vmail DN-Ftr985) on first ring.

Adversity is Opportunity

basically if its in day / normal ringing , I need the AA to answer after 8 rings, as a backup

if its in night mode I need it to answer after 4 rings - so individual extensions don't forward to VM after 4 rings

if that makes it more clear

If you program AA to answer at a set ring count then thats it, you cannot have different ring counts and different times of the day. Just go to F983/AA/Lines/Rings and you will see no time of day option.

If you program Night Service then it will ring the assigned sets right away. There is no choice for ring count.

Service modes also override any AA backup.

You sets that are answering with a mailbox need to have their CFNA changed to 8 rings in capabilites.

But what I dont get is if they are set to 4 rings in capabilties and it also does not have a daytime setting so how is it your sets do not go to a mailbox during the day????. if the sets is told 4 rings then it 4 rings night or day, no and's if's or but's.
Are you absolutley sure?

You did not mention software level.....alway mention software level, sometimes there is a work around.

day / normal ringing , I need the AA to answer after 8 rings, as a backup
Can be done but is fixed unless override by Service Mode.

night mode I need it to answer after 4 rings
Cannot be done

Otherwise if they cannot handle their own call volume they need full time AA or ACD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back