Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS CID

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendoman

Vendor
Oct 15, 2009
US
Customer with MICS 4.1 and I just installed 22 CID cards for them. Is it correct that CID will only be displayed before answering at only 1 station and that any one else answering will see the CID info after they ansewer the call?

If so how do configure the one station ( the recp ) so she see s the CID before she answers?

Also, what was the logic in programming it this way I understand the as of 6.1 that is no longer the case.

I beleive with 4.1, the clid set was assigned under lines.

Slap me down if I'm wrong.

I thought 4.1 could handle CID on the 2nd ring, if not Feature 811 prior to pickup should work

As curly wrote you need R6.1 on the MICS. R4.1 can only auto display on one set per line. All others must use F811 first.

Brian Cox
BC Telecom Services

My customer is picking up on the 1st ring. Any way to delay the calls for a full ring before they actually are presented to the sets so the CID is captured?

BTW why does the CO not send the CID first before the ring? Anyone know?

CLID data transmission is sent bewteen 1st and 2nd ring.

There is no way around this as long as lines appear and ring.

You could have voice mail answer.
AA lines set to 2 rings
Lines appear only at reception.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back