Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mics additional Station Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelritz

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2007
US
confused and don't really know the terminology
as you see my name more into mitel :)

anyways i have a new customer that needs 8 more (digital extensions) but need 2 more cards (future) and t7310 phones

but wasn't too sure of what the card is called.

i was reading Fiber station card ? but didnt know if it was like (meaning running between buildings) or IDFs

but is there a product number like nm16k that i can google and buy the actual card ....

the expansion bay has 2 slots available

Thanks

You can add 0x16 modules to add extensions, if you mean mck fiber extenders, these are for long hauls.

just a side note, when in doubt RTFM. (read the frigging manual)

as an additional note
the bay that has 2 slots are for trunk cards (4 co's per card)

the fiber card is for connecting expansion cabinets
0x16 (16 digital sets)
12x0 (12 co's (3 trk cards)
0x8 asm( 8 single line station ports)
nam (norstar application module )(voicemail)

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Okay I might need to look at a manual

but I went to site

And they have

A modular mics. With an expansion bay that shows it as M12XO which tells me I can't use that for extensions at all seems like only pots lines

But they Do need 12 exts. So do I have to changeout that to like a combo bay

Also a pri option I was t even sure if pri and a service card is able to work with thy system

Eeek thanks

The MICS really has four slots. Two on the left for line or T1 (ect.) and two small slots on the left for different types of cards such as Combo cards. The combo cards can be attached by a DS30 fiber cable or copper cabling. I suggest Combo Fiber(re). Modular component list set first and line second. A 0x16 card supports 16 digital stations and a 12x0 support up to 3 (4 line each) line cards. ASM's are for analog sets. The combo card comes with and without a clock. The combo clock card will allow T1 connections to the system You can use a COmbo expansion card, but if you add a T1 later you will have to by a clock card. Combo cards come in 2 port and 6 port connectors. Hope this helps. Switching telephone systems types,Mitel to Nortel, is as easy as it seems.

so being i got a M12x0 and i want to add 12 more extensions would i have to replace that with a Different type of bay

If that's the only expansion module they've got on the system, then you won't have to replace it, just add a fiber station module (0x16).

As said, the mics expands by adding cabinets. Each cabinet connects to the KSU via a fiber port. The smallest fiber expansion card is a 2 port (mounted in the KSU). If you still have one port open on that card, pick up a fiber station module, connect and power it, then cross connect the first 16 (or 12 in your case) pairs of the 25 pr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back