Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mics 7.1 T1 interface problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

commtechMT

Technical User
Apr 10, 2012
US
Recently our phone system went down. We are running a MICS 7.1 software. The DTI and the Telco T1 line seem to be having trouble when they are connected. Had the phone tech out to troubleshoot the T1, during the trouble shooting we put the phone DTI card in loopback, testing from the CO showed no errors. However when loopback is dropped, the DTI card starts to re-boot, and Errors begin showing up on the T1. We swapped the DTI card for a refurbished card and see the same results.

Another symptom of the problem, Our paging(Valcom 2way)system connected to line31, doesn't connect. Phone display shows "Not in Service". I had been leaning toward it being a phone system issue, and was planning on ordering a refurbished KSU with the software and line card(still may for spare parts), but I noticed that when i put the DTI card in loopback using the button, The paging starts working again and the phone system returns to normal response times.

Any Thoughts?​

True, was all in good fun anyway.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back