Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.1 connecting to Valcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishinmachine

Technical User
Aug 5, 2009
US
I just swapped out a 4.0 for a 7.1. The PA System is rather simple, I think, I'm not a PA guru. It goes from the switch to a V1109RTHF then the speaker runs. It worked before, now it don't. I've been going thru the old threads. Tried every pair I could find. I can hear the Norstar click over when I hit Ftr 62, but I don't get anything else. I'm not getting noise at all from the switch (butset, spare speaker, ect...) The paging on the phones works fine. Anyone got an idea?

Thank you
J
USCG

They're tight. No tool, took teh entire unit out and installed the new. Right now I'm programming a trunk to see if I can get that to go.

When you use a buttset or spare speaker to monitor the PA output put the buttset in speakerphone mode. the volume out is just too low unless you use something to amp it up a speaker again is just too poor to match the impedance as well as produce hearable sound out.

you can also punch a number on the phone after dialing feature 62 since that is about the loudest and can be heard faintly in a small speaker.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

For that zone pager, you are going to have to press a digit to select the zone you want the page to go out on.

To test the MICS output, make sure you disconnect the jumper to your page equipment first to isolate the trouble.

Is it talkback paging? Put a buttset on the Tip and Ring and dial a zone, see if that works. I'd use a trunk port if one is available.

When you hear the click, that is the contact closure. Your paging system may require that before it will page out. I would try a new amphenol cable with a direct connection to the black slate pair to rule out a split or open cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back