Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.0 with System startup Alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetKC

Technical User
Jan 20, 2012
US
Customer has 2007 7.0 with 12 CI trunks and is going into system startup alarms. Sent power supply with no luck. I noticed customer tried programming multiple line ringing and assignments with no luck as they were out of maintenance ( they called us to fix on RAD) generally, system start ups were either power or software issues only. How can we rule out backplane on MICS? Or should i try crash and reset database ?

You need to post the alarm codes and also the event codes.
A Start up is when you program from scratch.

If you meant the KSU reboots....
I might start with replacing trunks cards one at a time.....you only need to bring 1 new one for that.
Then try a new expansion card.
Check for any bent pins when replacing cards.
Then try the the Startup

All depends on the true codes.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

thanks...cust is not complaining about any line issues, also system does not always reboot even after displaying system startup alarm, I was going to do a wipeout on database and reload.Never saw any related issues with line cards or exp. card causing that. We have over 100 MICS out there trouble free.

Line cards can cause havoc with systems at times although rare, seen it a few times.

System Start up would normally show after the systems has rebooted....if it shows for no reason then perhaps corruption.

Knowing what Events and Alarm codes are generated in the programming may tell you exactly what is wrong otherwise its a guessing game.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back