Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 7.0 Virtual Extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinfla

Vendor
Aug 22, 2004
US

Have a customer with 4 employees in a remote office.

They want their MICS (7.0) to be able to route certain calls, answered by a Callpilot, to be routed/forwarded to the remote office.

Any ideas on how to set this up?

This would be an external forward.

Thanks,

Dave

You could build a CCR Tree with Outbound Transfer.

Build CCR with a (hookswitch) call transfer with release so you don't tie up multiple lines. If you are in the BellSouth area then ask for Call-Transfer with release. This will release the line for further use by your system.

The customer has a Callpilot 150 and I'm not up on it.

The customer currently doesn't uses CCR, just a flat message listing extension numbers, so I'll have to set this up from scratch.

Not being fimiliar with the CP150 can anyone point me to a manual and/or give me some basic steps on setting it up?

Can a virtual extension be used and fowarded externally, i.e. the caller enters an extension number at the main menu and gets transferred.

Or will it require a CCR tree with option 1, 2, 3, etc. that the customer will select to transfer to the external number?

Thanks,

Dave

yes this can be done but...BIG BUT 4 calls off site will use total of 8 trunks...copper trunks tend have a decibal drop that with the allowences from telco and what n* take will sometimes make forwarded calls volume so low its worthless..that said

the step by steps are in the cp CD that came with your call pilot ...if not on site call installer and ask where it is..

if these people have know ext without DID's "business cards already printed with said ext" may be better to use ATA/ASM and forward no answer 2 rings/forward on busy to remote office..a hard call forward is lost on a power loss..

If they hav a published DID then set up a seperate AA/CCR with the 4 target lines assigned with the menu options external call forward for each choice

Calls are coming in on an 800 number directed to their PRI.
They moved 4 people to another office and basically want the AA to anounce the persons name, allow the caller to select an option or dial an extension and be forwarded to the other remote office.

Thanks

so use aa with ccr and state for billy press 1 for boby press 2 for sue press 3 for peggy press 4

it may be just as easy to set up outbound transfer on the individual mailboxes to the remote office. then include in the greeting "...to reach me at my cell please dial 7 now or leave me a message..."

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

They don't have physical extensions.

We worked it out, we created a CCR tree as follows:

Option one, if your calling for xyz group dial 1.
Options 1-4 list the people in this group and
Externally transfer to them. They ended up having
DID numbers so it made things easy.

The reset of the local staff are then listed by name and extension number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back