Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.1 TRUNK FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKskier

Technical User
Feb 10, 2009
US
Hi all,
I've got a customer with a MICS 6.1 that has bombed after a recent power outage. The system has 2 t-1 cards one from the LEC and then one for some FX trunks to another system, I assume. Nobody onsite could tell me. There are also 2 fiber expansion cards and several station modules.

After the power outage the system defaulted itself and nothing was working. I went onsite and was able to get the t-1 to the LEC back up and now in the system I'm seeing all trunks as idle, but when I try to grab a line (intercom + 9)the display briefly shows line 024 then says line in use. This tells me that I'm at least trying to grab the proper trunk but I'm unable to get out. I work for the LEC so I went to the CO, verified the trunks are up and in-service and also tested with a T-BERD at the DSX and can make/receive a call on these trunks. I found a T-1 card in our shop and replaced the one in their system and got the same result.

I also reprogrammed one of the target lines to the set in the comm room and tried to call into it, and I get and all circuits busy message from the CO and a no wink back message on the trunk.

I can reprogram the system that's not an issue, but if I can't make it process a call to the outside I'm not wasting my time. The customer also has no documentation or backup.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can change or try?

Thanks

If you are talking about target lines, then T1 is a PRI? If so, on a default you lost your PRI enabler code.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

It's not a PRI, it's just a t-1, digital trunks with DID's routed over it. Target lines to ring the individual extensions.

Curlycord,

In NW Alaska I am what could be referred to as a ditch to the switch and everything in between tech. I have some experience with Norstar, mostly just CICs with a couple analog lines though.

The way I have this set up is:
Trunks 1-24 - ports 201-224 assigned to Line Pool A
Pool A has an access code of 9

So I go offhook and dial 9 it tries to grab trunk 24 then fails and the display says line in use. I'm not sure where to tell it which trunk to grab on a t-1 but I would think that outgoing calls would start at the highest trunk number.

I've checked the t-1 parameters--sf/ami primary timing source and they are set to loop start
I verified in maintenance that they are provisioned and enabled.

I did just notice that under the ports I have a device type of downloadable cartridge 30gfF13, I'm not sure what this means. Do I need to perform some kind of download to get them back in service.

Thanks

This is what I am sending from the CO. 24 2way PBX trunks.

TYP LTG
NUM 16
APPL PBX
TGTP 2WAY
TGNM xxxx INC 2 WAY
SITE BASE
TGDP DIOD
RMB YES
NTNU YES
STPL WINK
DT YES
RCVR DGT
FDTM 8 SEC
PDTO 8 SEC
CNTL ETHR
TRNL STN
APFX NONE
TRFC EAS
BCAP 3AU
LRN NONE
STPL WINK
TRNS DGT
SDTM 5 SEC
GDTI 768 MSEC
GLAR NO
IDLE MOST
DEL 3
OPLS 0
DN 5231
TRK CE 02 5 14 1 01 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 02 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 03 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 04 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 05 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 06 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 07 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 08 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 09 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 10 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 11 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 12 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 13 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 14 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 15 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 16 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 17 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 18 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 19 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 20 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 21 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 22 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 23 IDLE
CE 02 5 14 1 24 IDLE
IDLE 24

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the the DTI card. Sometimes a litlle bump brings up.

Have you tried putting appearances of the channels to see if any work?

Have you tried another DTI card... maybe this one took a hit in the power outage?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I've tried spare cards. I tried the enable/disable of the DTI card a few times. I also made line appearances on the a set of a couple different lines and the same result line in use. Kinda at a loss.

Are you absolutely sure its not a fractional T1?

Did you do a STARTUP on the KSU and start fresh programming or did you try to program a crippled system?

Have you rebooted the system at all?

What are the lights status on both Carrier Pair Gain and DTI card?

Does changing lines to E&M do anything?

I am just poking at almost nothing, out of ammo here.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks guys, I had just figured that out. I remembered where there was another system in town with the same type of PBX trunks from our switch, so I went and checked it out. E&M and winkstart on the lines. I am now able to send/receive calls. Now I just have to figure out what the customer wants me to do as far as rebuilding it without any sort of programming record. Could get spendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back