Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.1 on PRI Remote access

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvandmx

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2007
Greetings All.

Do I need to set my DN Digits from 3 to 4 if I want to use a DISA DN with a DID? The programming is expecting a 4 digit DN number under set DN.

Thank you.

Kevin

If your trying to remote access the mics (via RAD), setup a Target Line and have the RAD answer it.

Your DISA DN is expecting the amount of digite that you have the Rec length set for. No need to change your system DN length just put the xxxx of the DID number that you want to hit DISA.

Thanks Hawks,
I set up the DISA DN as you described, Set a remote Pkg (4) and a COS Password without line restrictions. I dial the DID and get system dial tone, I enter the COS Password, Dial tone returns, However After that I am unable to do anything. I am just getting a fast busy. Does this set up allow dialing of internal extensions? I think I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Update: I am able to page and dial an external number but I am still unable to dial an internal extension. Is this a possibility on a PRI or am I missing a step?

Thanks,
Kevin

It's not meant to dial internal extensions. That's what an AA is for. It's only for remote page and getting access to outside lines.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks, I guess that does make sense. Well at any rate it is working for what management wanted, all that matters.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back