Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.0 - Redirecting calls to another location

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePhoneGuy

Programmer
Nov 4, 2005
US
My new customer has a MICS 6.0 and CP with a small call center (6 to 8 agents). At night, the 800-number sales calls automatically redirect to a remote third party call center. My customer would like to redirect sales calls to that same remote site during the day, as an overflow. No problem, except currently they have only POTS lines and to redirect the call, it takes two lines (1 in, 1 out). IF we install a T1 or PRI, how can we release the call from the original location altogether? Is the MICS 6.0 "smart enough" to handle releasing the line at the network level? How's it done?

Hopefully, I'm making sense here... :~/

If its for after hours, is it exceptable to just redirect all calls to the other number??

In CCR tree 2, if the caller presses 1, I have setup a transfer node to an external number. In the number window, if I just have the number in there, the caller gets redirected to the remote location, but it takes two POTS lines to do it. So, I experimented with placing a '#' in front of the number and behind it. This should perform a flash-hook transfer (actually, more like a flash-hook conference).

Now, the 'rest of the story'. I told the customer to order the feature "Centrex Transfer". So as of this coming Wednesday, that feature will be activated. Perhaps my new programming will work at that time. I have a feeling that the CallPilot (or MICS 6.0) just isn't supporting a flash-hook conference. I will report back once the Centrex Transfer is activated.

I have experimented with placing pauses before and aft. Also, I have experimented with all the settings under Line settings (i.e. supervised, unsupervised, CO Link, etc...).

Ok I just set up and tried a linking transfer out of CCR Tree. I set up option 1 as an transfer, external, with pool 15 (out of range so system cannot actually grab a line) then the phone number is set up as "#3211234"
The call is answered by AA dialing a 1 causes a link transfer.
note: when you are setting up the phone number as I did above I used the following sequence:
# (indicates special characters)
5 (Causes a # to be input to the string)
2 (Returns to a normal number keypad)
3211234 (the rest of the number)
OK (end of programming)

Key features here are using pool 15 and setting up and using the special characters.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I'll be experiementing with this on Friday, as well. Thanks for taking the time.

Now here's a new twist...perhaps. On a Centrex Transfer, I believe I'm going to have to flash the line a second time once the number is dialed...then I'll have to release the line. This may require me setting up a route, as oppsed to your scheme. I should know on Friday. That is...if the Centrex Transfer is activated by then. I didn't happen today as promised, but what's new?

Finally! It's a done deal...working wonderfully! Once the CO provider activated 'Centrex Call Transfer', all I had to do is place a '#' before and after the external number, and it works like a charm. The call totally disappears off the system and the caller is transfer to the out-of-state call center. Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back