Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 6.0 CP 150 2.0 PRI after hours fax go to General Delivery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam173

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
CA
Hello, looking for some help. My target line 161 is for the fax which is on the PRI with an ASM. When the business is closed 3 of my faxes, target line 161, 162, 163 to to general delivery, I have another fac at target line 160 and all have similar setting, Target line set to public, busy tone, prime to none. I had my problem target line set to prime and prime to it's own exention, removed that thinking it was the cause, but no luck. My Call Pilot is set to the extension of my fax at target line 161 extension 4317. If I fax to the main number after hours, the auto attendant kicks in and the fax goes to 4317, yet when we call the fax number after hour general delivery takes the call.

Turn off the Control sets for those lines that way when you go into nights those lines will continue to go where they are pointed.

I see we find it under Services, will drop bye and check that out.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted later

sorry yes
"Services"
"Common Settings"
"Controll Sets"
"For Lines"
I would set it to none if these numbers should always go to the fax machine.

strangely enough I found in the ringing group that the voicemail port was in with the prime set, I removed it and it seem to have solved the problem.

I also noticed that in my ringing service the sched night was on auto, should that be off? The voice mail is following the business hours? Not clear what these ringing gorup and or ringing services real do or manage what, the programing manual is quite Vague.

My Target line 160 (fax machine) was also set to prime set and work well?

I'll keep an eye on this one

Thank you to all, it's been a great help

What are you using the Night service for?
If it for voice mail to answer at night then you need to leave Voice mails DN in there and remove the rest.

Auto means it will go into Night mode at the specified times a little further in programming, you change the time for each day in case they close or open early on a specific day.

Manual is if it is to be controlled by reception, they can turn it on when closing or having lunch or stepping out etc.

Night Service is so voicemail kicks in when the business is closed, voicemail is programed with the business hours.
My night mode was left on Auto so the voicemail kicks in
What baffles my mind is that I have 3 faxes on the PRI, Target line 160, 161, & 162. 160 works well after hours, it goes to fax as it does during the day. 161 & 162 goes to General Delivery after hours. Can't really figure out what is happening, other then I removed the VM DN from the Ringing Group 001 and only left the prime set DN and it now works? I don't really know what it's doing. The why to my problem is what I'm looking for, why does everthing works with 160 and not 161 & 162?

My settings seem to be similar for all 3 lines.

At this point, it does work, but the VM does not kick in on the first ring after hours, only on the 3rd, should I be worried, maybe not.

Any idea would help.

Thanks

VM probably should be in Ring Group 1, this way after hours your voicemail will answer on the first ring. By default everything is in 1 so what you can do is take your Fax Target Lines and make them RING GROUP 2 along with whatever your fax machines DN's are. Then when your system goes into nights they will be a part of RING GROUP 2 and not 1.

Voice mail kicks in after 3 rings because AA is set to answer as backup after 3 rings.

You should put the voice mails DN back into the group when fax issue resolved.

Suggestions...
Make sure under target lines 161 and 162 that the prime set is for the DN of that ATA.
Make sure that any call forward or busy is set to none in capabilities.
Make sure in Lines in F983 that AA is set to No
Make sure there are no mailboxes for those 2 DNs
Make sure they are not in any other ringing group.
Make sure they are not on another set.....you can make those lines private to those ATA's to wipe out any appearance on other sets.

Thats all I can think of.

Great I have 60% of those areas covered, you've given me a few places to look at,

Thanks

VM did answer ASAP prior to my change, will check again on the AA rings,
On your suggestions, I seem to have half covered, will check the others,

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back