Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 5.0 /T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techwill

Technical User
Jun 5, 2002
US
I have a customer with a straight T1 and a block of 40 2-way DIDS. I am only able to assign 23 trunks to the MICS due to the T1 not being a PRI. Am I programming this correctly? Or did the customer order the wrong T1?

If it is a standard T1 you should get 23 channels, but if a Dynamic T1 (fancy name for PRI) you get 23 channels.

Setup for T1 Card=
To Disable / Enable Card:
From Terminals & Sets – Next until you get to
Maintenance – Show
Next until get to Module Status – Show
Show module – Next
KSU (1): Next or State if using (2) cards
KSU (2): State
( ) Ports Busy – Press Disable or Enable
Disable at Once? – Yes

Protocols & Signaling:
Hardware – Show
Show Module – Next
Cards on KSU – Show
Cd1 – KSU:
Change to T-1 – Show
Card Type T-1 – Next
Lines: 001-024 – Next
Protocol: SL1 – Next (Check with your Telco/Carrier for setting)
Type Slave – Next
Bchanseq: Ascend or Descend – Next (Check with your Telco/Carrier for setting)
CO Fail: TIA–547A – Next
IF Levels: ISDN – Next
Framing: ESF – Next (usually ESF, check with your Carrier)
Internal CSU: ON – Next
{Need to have either an external CSU, or turn the internal one on. If customer needs to use some channels for data then they’ll need a CSU/DSU to split off channels before the 0X32. OR to split off data channels after 0X32 they’ll need a Nortel Data Interface (NDI) plus bandwidth allocation key codes}
DSX1 Bld: 000-100
Line Coding: B8ZS (usually B8ZS, check with the Carrier)
ClockSrc: Primary (second card would be secondary)

Good Luck!!

Let me try to explain. System is currently running on a straight T1 with 23 DID. Customer purchased 40 DID. I am unable to assign anymore DID... all channels are taken. PRI utilizes target lines allowing for more DID than channels? Should I tell the customer to reprogram the T1 for PRI or is there a way to assign more DID on straight T1? Sorry about the explanation and detail. I am confused.

A REG T1 HAS 24 CHANNELS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW MANY DID# HE HAS, IF YOU HAVE A PRI YOU WILL ONLY GET 23 CHANNELS PER T1 BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED A D CHANNEL PER T1.
WHEN YOU SAY A BLOCK THAT IS TELEPHONE NUMBERS A BLOCK OF 40 IS 40 TELEPHONE NUMBERS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Sounds like there is some confusion between a channel and a DID? The two are quit different.

Sorry for the confusion. Let me try again. Can I assign more than 24 did on a straight T1?

yes the Norstar can handle 23 simultanious calls with multiple target line appearences 157 to 348 on the XC software

Program DID lines to target line:

Target Lines Programming:
From Lines – Show
Show LN: 145 – Show (target line range from 145-275 non-XC SW, 145-336 XC SW)
Target LN – Next
Private to: (extension number) – Next
Rec’d #: (enter digits Telco is sending) – Next
If Busy: to prime – Next
PrimeSet: 221 (change to the extension #)- Next
CLID Set: None – Next
Aux. Ringer: N – Next
End of list

Then just assign the Target line to the phone.

You can have an unlimitefd number of DID from Telco but the system can only handle 23 or 24 simultanously, because that it is the paths that are available on the crkt.

K2MERLIN
YOU CAN BUILD 24 CHANNELS ON A REG T1 23 ON A PRI T1 IN ORDER TO ASSIGN MORE YOU NEED ANOTHER T1.
OF COURSE IF YOU HAVE A BLOCK OF 40 DID YOU WILL NEED ONLY 1 T1 AND THAT'S A OVER KILL.
I'VE SEEN OVER 100 DID # RIDING 24 TRUNKS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Thank you for your help and PATIENCE. I had originally set system for T1 fixed, not T1 and DID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back