Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 5.0 How to assign different pool buttons to a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonmancps

Vendor
Jun 1, 2002
US
I've got a MICS 5.0 with 14 ligns divided like this: 8 lines in pool A, 3 lines in pool B, 2 in Pool C and 1 single line which is not important to this problem. How do I assign the different pools to phones on different buttons. I've tried F64 9 but it says invalid code or can it be done. I have assigned the different pools to the phones, but dialing 9 just gets me to poolA. I would like to have a different button for each pool. Is it possible?

Scott Malcolm
CPS
Kansas City

have you assigned different codes to line pools B and C?
For instance: you could assign A 91, B 92, and C 93.

Then when you program a button for pool A it would be:
F6491

For B it would be:
F6492

Etc...

You also need to assign 91 to pool A

You probably also need to remove 9 from its current assignment of external code

Thank for answering so quickly, I ran out to get a cup of coffee. Yes I've assigned codes B and C, but where do I go to assign the 91, 92, 93. I've been thru the programing but I just can't find that. Thanks for your help.

Scott Malcolm
CPS
Kansas City

I don’t understand your post:
"Yes I've assigned codes B and C, but where do I go to assign the 91, 92, 93"

I am guessing you mean you have assigned pools, but not codes for the pools.

Go to:
System programming/ Access codes /line pool codes
to assign line pool codes

You may also have to go to
System programming/ Access codes /external code
and clear the 9.

The computer guys here unplugged me. I found it, thanks again, being saturday i really don't want to be here til midnight getting all the changes done.

Scott Malcolm
CPS
Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back