Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 4 & Flash Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

macphoneguy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2002
US
I seem to Have forgotten this but Can anyone tell me MICS4.x with startalk flash, as far as what the startalk need to be, as I seem to be able to dial it, however when I do F983 it is telling me "inactive feature"
thanks in advance

Before I look up my compatibility tables, did you already F903 to register the Flash to the KSU ?

What version is the Flash? My chart shows 4.x would need 1.9, 2.0, 2.1 or 3.0

Have you tried XFTEST to confirm the feature code range?

Is this a fresh install or did the two just stop communicating ?

If you have a serial port and cable, you can use Hyperterm or the like to watch the Flash boot up and see if it hangs or not.

If F903 worked, did you make note of the feature range that was registered? Try dialing F913, F923 etc and see if it responds. If it does, go ahead and configure the Flash, reset back to factory defaults, then set it up again with F903 making sure that it shows the range F980-989.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

couple thoughts, I did see a Ver 1.9 on the pcmcia card, I was able to do the F903, and have it behave, the only "tip" I would add and maybe you had seen this already it to wait a good 5 minutes, for everything to to "boot". . . in addation, since this was a 4 channel unit, taking the daughter card out to confirm operation on 2 channel, before putting the daughter card back in, so thank you for the pointers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back