Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 4.1 with PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstargirl

Vendor
Dec 21, 2001
US
PRI in the morning will not work for calling out until a call comes in - then it will work fine. - getting event codes 799 and 601

M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

You will need to upgrade 4.1 was full of PRI problems

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

thanks guys I was scared that would be the problem

M.Parnell
(norstargirl)

Check with your telco, make sure that they have "BCAS" testing turned off for the span. October 2005 Qwest did an "upgrade" or something like that, at midnight the C.O. tests the B channnels, causing them to go out of service for outbound calls. I had about 15 or so systems in Phoenix with these same symptoms. On here or somewhere else on the internet it was a known issue with Nortel. When I finally was able to tell Qwest repair what to check for just one site and set the option to "no", it worked fine. Then I gave the same person the circuit ID's for the rest of the sites, and the problem was solved. The systems I had were 4.0, 4.1 and 5.0's, all same symptoms.
Until I arrived at the final solution, I'd dial into the systems and reboot to clear in/out calling. Mental health clinics not too tolerant of calling problems.

norstargirl check this out:
EVT799 unreferenced error code
thread799-1133908

Hope it helps, your system is probably ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back