Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 4.1, STARTALK C, AA PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIREBALLKA7

Vendor
Feb 10, 2003
US
I have a weird problem, we have a mics 4.1 startalk c with 2 t1 coming in as reg ti ( not pri). i have 3 problems, 1- when you hit feature 985, it just says set, not dn. 2- AA will not pick up any line you program it too., it just wont pick up anything. 3- voicemail does not pick up sometimes when calls come in. we have 50 did's all going to diff ext. we have one did that we need to have the aa pick up and go through ccr tree. and we cant get it to work, any help would be wonderful. tried replacing voice port board, hooked up laptop, no errors at all, boots up and runs tests fine. no call fwd busy, no call fwrd, and we can get the did to ring on a phone that we program too, so its not the clec..... HELPPPPPPP....

1. Is all that is displayed on the telephone "set " with no number behind it? or does it display something like "Set 123"
2& 3. Are the lines you are trying to get AA to answer Loop, DID trunks, E&M etc. Are you programming in Feature 9 8 3->AA->Lines the target line number or the trunk number?

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Startalk c its not compatable with Mics 4.1 ,the last revision compatable with Star talk is Mics 1.1 .You should use an application module (NAM).

Good Luck.

yes, all that is there is the word "set" with nothing following... weird huh?....., they are did trunks, they are sending us 4 digits and we can get the number to ring on the phone but not on the aa, the aa does not pick up at all, no matter what you try and do with it, thanks for answering ... :)

wow, your the first person i have talk to that says that startalk c is not compatible with mics 4.1, are you sure????? i have talked to many who have said it is.....

i just got the norstar matrix and your right, im a little mad at the guy who sold this to me, he knew what i had to put it with. thanks, didnt mean to offend you. :)

No problem, just make sure when you buy a NAM its release 4.0 or higher below that it will not work with your MICS 4.1 software.

Good Luck.

Look at the call pilot too. the AA has some features that the NAM and flash don't. Including remote admin and multiple ccr trees on the same aa. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP, I HAVE REVERTED TO GOING BACK IN SOFTWARE TO R1T1 INSTEAD OF THE 4.1, I WILL SHORT THE CAPICAITOR OUT AND REVERT TO EARLIER SOFTWARE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back