Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 4.0/Startalk Flash Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wspence

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
US
Customer had me relocate system to a new building. New sets were being added, during testing realized "Auto Set Relocation" was turned on. I turned off set relocation and completed the install. Now when calling stations from the auto attendant or through their DID, some get routed to wrong mailboxes intermittently. I corrected DN to port to the original location (221 on 0101,222 on 0102,etc.), dumped the Flash and reprogrammed, with no luck. My next step is dumping the Norstar. Has anyone experienced this? If so will a backup, startup, then restore work, or should I do a startup and reprogram manually?

You should have left set relocation on and let all the phones come up(preferably pluging in one set at a time),when you turned set relocation off during system reboot-those stations that had not auto relocated came up as default ext numbers based on port,evan though you went back and changed the ext numbers of those that defaulted-norstar will follow the old PORT to vmail,you will have to delete and rebuild the vmail boxes of the ext numbers that you performed a change dn operation on.Of course ya need to tell those users to clear out their saved messages and reinitialize their boxes.

Set relocation was not turned off untill the customer wanted new sets where old sets used to be. Tried deleting mailboxes and rebuilding them first, did not work. I then dumped the Flash completely, rebuilt CCR and mailboxes with the port to dn back to original on the KSU. Makes me think there is something going on in the MICS software.

Sometimes better to fix manualy rather than programming.
Make a floor plan, go around and do a F*0 INTERCOM and see what the ext is the press VIEW or # to see what port the phone is on and see what number jack your in, once your finished punch the right jumper to the right port.

Set re-location: Y means programming stays with the set,you can relocate sets, use mostly by large corporate offices who shuffle employee's around.
Set re-location: N means programming stays with the jack/port and used by Hotels where the ext stays always in the same room.

Check your target lines,prime sets and try turning off drt to prime,if that dont do it it sounds like some software corruption and you may indeed need to do the old **STARTUP,clear the data and start over.A back up will do you no good if your backing up corrupted software,also make sure that the vmail dn's have no lines ringing or appearing on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back