Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS 3.0 T-1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

porta24

Technical User
Jul 2, 2010
US
I have a customer that has a MICS 3.0 with a very basic T-1 configuration and they don't want to upgrade, heard that before.
They come in as trunks and not target lines.
Lines 1-24, 4 trunk groups 1-15, 16-22, 23, 24.
No problem there, the problem is they want to upgrade their T-1 service to a smart T (voice and data) and when voice is not being used the data bandwidth increases.
OK, I'm testing with the new carrier before we port the numbers over and during testing things aren't working correctly.
The new T will sync up with the system but calls are not being answered by the system. I can see the call come in on the line appearance but it will disconnect the call.
Correct me if I'm wrong, the reason not to use target lines is because if you get multiple calls for the target line, it won't follow the path of the target line, if that makes any sence?
I don't want to re invent the wheel on this, any ideas in how I can have the T configured for this old system and make it work.

error msg's in logs say ???
ALso dont see any info about DID/rec digits and 3.0. 2nd call should follow path to phone and ring on icom button...program 2 icoms.SInce you are testing have provider sent you some test digits.

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

Lines 1-16 are set for E&M and wink start, no target lines.
There are no errors, the current T-1 is working fine, they want to upgrade to a smart T-1 and i'm not sure they can set it up with the same config.
Also lines 1-16 are answered by the Prelude call center system, I don't know if that can handle DID, does anyone know.

Most smart T1 are ISDN PRI and for this you will need key code also you can not make the truck appear on the phone as you can with a 24 channel T1 this may be why it will not ring I have never try to set one to ring only but you can not set a channel on a PRI to appear on a phone and access it. I would try to set up target line for the DID of the truck group not hard to do the system is smart and dose not care how many digit are sent to it,it will only look at (default is the same as DN length)last digit sent to it

The carrier said they can provide 24 digital trunks not PRI because 3.0 can't accept PRI.
The call center answers by trunk not extension, not sure if that can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back