Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Lync trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan01

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
I have two cs1000e rel 7.5 fully patched connected to to a 1000M via session manager using sip trunks. Problem I am having is I can not access the ms lync number from tdm phones on either E. I can access it using IP phones from either the e's or the m. I can access it from tdm phones from the M. Is there something I need to look at to make this work. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

As a starter you can check the ip-routing/fw from the T-Lan DSP ip-adresses on the E's towards LYNC.

I2007

Thanks for the reply but I think i figured it out. Seems under PARM settings there is a MSEC prompt. It needed to be set to off. The reason the IP phones worked was because under their CLS setting it has MSNV.

MSEC (ON) OFF Enable Media Security for the system. Disable Media
Security. The device level settings are not effective
when this option is set for the system.

(MSNV) Media Security Never: Default setting for all
users. Implies that there is no attempt to secure
either incoming or outgoing calls.

Yeah, the msec is a common problem. I always set MSNV on the ipti members for the virtual trunk, that way we can have msbt on the sets for internal communication, rather than turn it off as default in the parm settings. But everyone has probably their own opinion on this as the MSEC is there for a reason.

I2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back