Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Exchange 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon

MIS
Dec 22, 1999
US
Visit site
How do I forward email from a mailbox in exchange to a third party mailbox like AOL?

You can do this from Outlook whilst attaching to their mailbox. Set up an out of office assistant and set to forward mail to:<br>
<br>
You do need to enable forwarding of mail to outside accounts.

You could also create a custom recipient in exchange and have all mail sent to the exchange mailbox also delivered to the custom recipient.

First create a custom recipient. To do this go into Exchange Admin. <br>
Goto -&gt; File -&gt; New Custom Recipient<br>
Select -&gt; Internt Address -&gt; Hit &quot;OK&quot;<br>
Type in the internet email address then hit &quot;OK&quot;<br>
Then Type in the user information. I usually type inet after the last name so I know that it is an internet address.<br>
Hit &quot;OK&quot;, this will insert the address to the global address list.<br>
Now go into the recipient that you want the email forward from. <br>
Hit the &quot;delivery options&quot; tab<br>
In the alternate recipient's box at the bottom of the windwos hit the radio button and then hit &quot;Modify&quot;<br>
select the custom recipient that you just created and hit &quot;ok&quot;. Notice the option to deliver message to both I usually check that box so both get the email.<br>
<br>
That is it. Now I usually hidden that custom recipient if I don't want people email that address directly. I use this because I have a few sites that use Exchange and I put myself in there exchange server and forward it to my personal email address.<br>
<br>
Hope this helps<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back