Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 - Voiding a discounted item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunkfish

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2013
GB
We've recently switched from voiding by check number to voiding by individual item (we do not allow last item voids on an open check).

However, we are coming across issues when an item needs to refunded/voided that is discounted.

When in TrVd/TrRn mode, we can put through a percentage discount against an item with no problems. However, if we want to do a discounted selling price via Item Price Substitution (i.e. any hot drink for £1.25) we receive the error 'No Sales to Discount'.

Does any one know what could be causing this, and if there is any workaround? Thanks.

Check the itemizers for that particular discount. Itemizers are basically what is allowed. Usually when people are getting this error, they have "Food" as an example checked and they are trying to discount a "Beverage." If this looks correct, check the menu item class to make sure the discount itemizer number matches the one selected in the discount.

The discount seems to work correctly in regular mode (discounts hot drinks to £1.25), just not when in Void/Return mode...

Are you ringing the Item up as a Voided/Returned Item, first?

Yes. The process I'm following is: Start a new check, enter Transaction Void(or Return) mode, ring through the original item (goes through a negative value), press the discount button to reduce value to £1.25.

Discount type is 'Manual'. Amount is £1.25. 'Preset' and 'Amount' are ticked. 'Hot Bevs' is ticked under itemizers. Rule type is 'Item Price Substitution' (although I tried switching to 'Sales price' with no impact'. 'Trigger 1' is the group of Hot bev menu items that can be discounted.

RES version is 5.2.

I tested on my Virtual load that I had. I was getting the same errors until I put in the "Trigger Quantity" and "Max Award Quantity." Do you have those fields populated?

Sorry yes, Trigger quantity is set to '1' and Max Award Quantity is set to '99'.

Any ideas? Currently affecting 80 trading outlets! :)

Does the 3700 system have discount options for the whole check or last item added. I know the 9700 system does and if an item isn't allowed (by the Menu item class it is set to) to be discounted, and the Discount is set as the Last Item added, it will error out. However, if the MI has the same class, that isn't allowed, but the other items on the check can receive a discount, and the Discount being applied is for the whole check it will work, just minus the MI that doesn't allow discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back