Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Printer Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushimasa903

Technical User
Oct 22, 2020
US
Hi all,

I recently just started doing online to-go orders with a company who integrated the online order system with my POS system. Everything is mapped correctly and prints out fine to the front of house, kitchen, and sushi bar.

Locally whenever an order is put in, I already have 2 tickets print to FOH when an order is taken and then sent to the kitchen or sushi bar based on what the order is. Ideally, I would want 2 to print to front of house for online orders as well. If that isn't possible for some reason, I'm fine with just going into my POS system and find the check to print again.

The problem is if I go into the POS system and try manually printing the online order, it will only print out the total, tax, tip but not the items on the ticket. When I go into the check on the POS system, the items are clearly there. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

I've tried contacting my micros support, but have had no luck. The company who are running my online orders are having trouble too since their job was to just setup the initial connection to my POS system.

I have a decent amount of experience working with tech related things.

Thank you for your time

Perhaps the wrong print class is assigned.

Hi,

1. Check whether on-line orders are printing via a SIM file or 3700 API ? ( if yes, then it's something going on at online order placement codes and they would be able to tell you exactly what mechanism they use to initiate printing )
2. Check whether user ID you use in workstation and POS server both are same ? ( normally, external application need credentials to inject data to POS and try using same credentials to print )
3. Check whether "On Demand" option is selected for the employee class you are using at POS Server ?

Apart from that 3700 printing is pretty straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back