Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 cash drawer won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martsj

Technical User
Apr 30, 2014
US
Hello -

We have a location with two Micros 3700 workstations.

On one of the workstations, the cash drawer will not open if testing a sale/no sale. If we run confidence test on the workstation, we can in fact open the drawer.

We checked back of house Micros PC settings to be sure the assignments are correct in configurator - and they are. We also swapped out the cash drawer and tested it on the other workstation - and it worked without a hitch on the other workstation.

We tried re-CALing the workstation, but that too did nothing to resolve the cash drawer issue.

Is there a setting for the Workstation to not open when Sale/No Sale is used?

I don't believe so. Could not track any setting pertaining to not open the drawer under the configurator on the Micros PC. Would there be somewhere specifically to look for that type of setting I may have missed?

What workstation models are you using?

If workstation 4 or 5's try the cash drawer in the 2nd port (or opposite port) and see if it works there.

Hi -

Thank you for the follow up. We are using WS5. Connecting the drawer to the second port was something we also tried but, unfortunately, it did not work.

Just a thought.....
In configurator, employee set up there is a setting (pos tab I think)
that determines which cash drawer an employee has access to if any.
if the employee you are testing with is not set to use a cash drawer
I would think that could be causing this.

I appreciate the detail. We do in fact have the employees setup under Micros configurator to have allowed access to both of these terminals. This was also something we checked on but, unfortunately, does not seem to be the issue causing the inability to open this drawer on a sale or no sale function.

Are the drawers Assigned to the Employee account you are using?

Hi. Thanks for the follow up. We do not have the employees assigned specifically to just either one of the two individual workstations in configurator. A manager or cashier can have access to and be assigned to either workstation/drawer through either workstation.

Ok, Try assigning the user you are testing with to the cashier drawer in question and then trying it.

Have you enabled a cash drawer to be used on this workstation?
Pos Config -> Devices -> User Workstations -> Cashier tab -> Cash Drawers -> 3 options (No Cash drawer , 1 or 2 cash drawers)

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

Hello -

Thank you for everyone's continued follow up on this issue we are trying to resolve with cash drawer not opening on the workstation.

Regarding the follow up "..Try assigning the user you are testing with to the cashier drawer in question and then trying it."

The above method was tried with a few different users. Despite the assignment, drawer still would not open.

On the other follow up regarding on whether or not we have enabled a cash drawer to be used on this workstation - we have confirmed this setting was in place.
So, unfortunately, that was not the issue here.

Check the Peripherals tab of the User Workstations. You should have the cash drawers defined here.
Peripheral Type: Cashier Drawer 1 or 2
Connection Type: Integrated

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

Are these Workstation 4's or 5's Or an older model (Eclipse, Ultra)?

Hi -

I again appreciate everyone's continued follow up. We have the store using a key to access the drawer for now - which is less than ideal. Our Micros dealer is saying their initial thought is that that area of the screen has gone dead - causing the pay screen button to not fire. I'm relatively suspect of this assumption but I suppose it could be possible.

On the model type of the workstation - it is 5. Assignment under the peripherals is also correct for this particular workstation.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back