Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 BUG Found in Autoseq Reports ANY RES Version Lower 5.7.5 Date Range Stops on 12/31/2020 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

POSKitchen

Technical User
Jun 25, 2018
CH
Dear all

In ANY Versions 3.2 up to 5.7

Some of you might already come across an issue with the RES Calendar End on 31.12.2020.
In any version lower than RES 5.7.5 the calendar in the system will end at 31.12.2020, starting from that date calendar will not be available so the customers will not be able to work.

Issue: RES Calendar End on 31.12.2020 -- Solution: Upgrade to RES 5.7.5.
there will be no Patch for any other version.

Pos Configurator same issue
Menu Item Prices > Date 2021+ Working
Schedule Classes Specific Date > Date not Working
Employee Stop Working > Different Calender Integrated Working

Please help I need patch for micros 5.0 please DJ Mad Matt add me in your dropbox my email robertmajanga@gmail.com

Can't run payroll this morning, because can't enter the date range on the labor report. Been investigating and have found this discussion. I have two sites running 5.4 MR15.4 0100.2276 on Windows 7. Anyone find a solution? How bad is this? Thanks much.

GregSandG -

I had the same problem, and our location can’t update our Micros to the version required to apply the patch that Oracle has. There’s a work-around that will get you by until you can figure it out. Look at this site:

sign up there so you can look at the resource center and there’s a pdf you can download that will show you how to get your payroll to run for the correct dates.

What I did to make this easier at our location was to create an autosequence that starts the payroll reports at our current business date with an offset of -15 (this starts the reports on the monday two weeks prior, as we run payroll bi-weekly) and then set the end date to the current business date with an offset of -1 to make it end the day before the current date. You can do this manually, you will see how in those pdfs.

I’ll have my phone on me all day, if you get stuck let me know and I’ll see if I can help out

MicrosReports_tx3tsf.png

Dmickey79 -

Surprisingly, I just got off the phone with CDITech, our Micros provider, and within 10 minutes, she connect to both of our restaurants and fixed the problem by adding a new AutoSequence & Report version. So even though we are on 5.4.0 and Windows 7, it seems they are in fact compatible. Here's a screen shot of the properties.

Glad to hear it got fixed, and thanks for the screenshot, I'll look into whether we can update our A&R version only. We're on 5.2 though so nothing seems to be applicable to our ancient software haha

Dmickey79 - Upgrade to 5.4 and then it's patch-able. Once it's patched and operating properly, upgrade to Windows 10. You should be good to go for a while then.

Matt, thanks for the advice. I've got the files from the dropbox you gave me access to, and I'm comfortable doing pretty much anything computer-related, but I've never done a database backup or update to any Micros system before. If there was a step-by-step resource anywhere I'd definitely go for it, but I just want to make sure that I don't accidentally destroy the restaurant's ability to do business. We no longer have a support contract with Micros, so there isn't anyone for me to call and unfortunately the Micros hourly rate is way out of our budget, especially since the last time they came out it took 8 hours longer than we were quoted. I'm not saying it was their fault, but the owner won't use them again. Do you think this is do-able by a normal human, or should we stick to our work-around?

Guyz..

SYNC STORE TOTAL UTILITY-CALENDAR FIXED (SOLVED)

RES CALENDER FIX NOT WORKING FOR SYNC STORE TOTAL UTILITY... TILL ORACLE RELEASE THE PATCH..

Step 1
Select the start date and end date by any date via existing calendar.. (meaning both dates field should be filed by a date via calendar date selection).

Step 2
Now edit the date manually , example start 07/1/2021 to Manually 01/1/2021, then select the totals check box and deploy, and totals will reflect in EM Report, (tested working).

Dmickey79 - Sorry, somehow I missed your post and just saw it.

The upgrade from 5.2 to 5.4 should not be too bad but, I would suggest having someone that does this often to do it though. That way they can make sure that there is a good saved backup database first.

I always do an upgrade on one of my servers with the customers database first to make sure we have a good running machine. If something happens with the upgrade, I could send out my server that I have running. I've never had to do this yet. I just like to be prepared in case something bad happens.

Thanks,
Matt

DJ Mad Matt
Please please please add me.
Thanks
ckrimitsos@gmail.com
I need these files.
currently running 5.4 MR1

Sorry rulzu. I took them off my drop box a couple weeks ago. I was out of space and need it for other things.

I made an account just to thank @andyvill !
can I buy you a beer or 10, or send you a Venmo, btc/eth? That was a a great suggestion and worked like a charm!
Never ever have I heard of reshacker, I followed you steps, pointed the shortcut to the new executable, and it worked great!

Any help for Version 4.5 build 4.5.7.1983? I'm praying hard here now!! LOL

Thanks

pcmedx - If you're running 4.5, you're most likely on borrowed time and due for a server upgrade running Win 10, a SSD, and at least RES 5.4 depending on what Workstations you're running.

I sell RES 3700 servers and can migrate your database to it. Email me at djmadmatt74@gmail.com for more information.

DJ MAD...We have not serviced the workstations, I called and these girls cant even find the Manu. Sticker. On purpose I believe. They were no help.

Thanks

hi
DJ Mad Matt

what is the issue if the End of Day not Automatic run in the specific time that i set up??

pls advise

Micros 5.5 MR7

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back