Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messed-up date/time appearing in SMDR logs. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

XopherS

Technical User
Dec 8, 2006
(I'm new to this Avaya thing, so there may be important info missing here.)

I'm looking through our SMDR logfiles, and for some reason, about 130 out of 430 records have a 'Call Start' value of '1899/12/30 00:00:00'. Direction, internal/external, who was on the phone, and duration do not affect it. I'd love to see if time of day mattered, except it's kind of hard to tell.

Why is it doing this?

i never seen this
what version are you on ?

Well you've told us that your looking at the data using Excel.

Excel dates begin with day 1 as the 1st January 1900. So what you are seeing implies that the data fields in the SMDR file are all zeros just like the time.

Okay, still doesn't tell you why the empty data.

Try looking at the file using a plain text editor like notepad to see if the values in the file are really eros, rather that an tool like Excel which reads and interprets the data before displaying it.

i just saw the same thing today with ip office 4.0.5 and deltaserver 5.2.9.
try deltaserver 5.2.33

I'm using IP Office v4.0.5 and DeltaServer v5.2.9.

I hadn't thought of the .csv part. When I opened the SMDR file in a text editor, it still displays '1899/12/30 00:00:00'.

Well I stand corrected, and scratch my head while muttering "seriously wierd"!

This problem was reported in January and is being looked into by Avaya, we first found the problem in delta Server V5.0.33, the only temporary fix we could find was to downgrade the Delta Server to V5.0.29
Avaya don't seem too bothered about the problem as its not with the core switch and If the problem still exists on V4 then they seem to have just renamed the 5.0.33 Delta server and not fixed the problem.

Ah, thank you! It's good to know this is a known issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back