Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messagebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

risslsu

Programmer
Jan 13, 2004
US
All:

I am using a messagebox in a private data session and it seems that my messagebox is delaying the form's controls to refresh. I am using refreshes and LockScreens and this doesn't help.

Does anyone have any information about messageboxes that will help me solve my problem?

I definatly know the problem is the messagebox, because when I comment it out my screen paints fine.

Desperate for an answer,
Marissa

I'm not sure what could be happening as MESSAGEBOX will always stop processing. MESSAGEBOX() is simply a wrapper around the Win32API Messagebox function.

Craig Berntson
MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP, Author, CrysDev: A Developer's Guide to Integrating Crystal Reports"

Hi Marissa,

MESSAGEBOX() is modal. If you need a messagebox that isn't modal you will need to either "roll your own" or find one that is already available.

You might also consider WAIT WINDOW NOWAIT instead of messagebox.

Regards,

Mike

Marissa,
Since MessageBoxes (MB) are Modal Dialogs, why would it be necessary to update an underlying form till the MB is taken care of by the user?

Rick

Thanks for all the replies, but I made my own messagebox in a form and now everything works great.

Marissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back