Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messagebox appearing at the back of form window. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy_crw

Programmer
Jul 23, 2020
PH
i have a program that will show message after doing a task. I've used message box. The problem i am encountering is every time the messages box appears, its located at the back of my form window when timeout is put. How do i display messagebox with timeout to appear at forefront? thanks,,,,

Hi,
After second thought I understand, maybe because I never 'translated' MB_TASKMODAL as "Message Box with modal task".
Stay healthy,
Koen

Well, MB= Message box and task modal means modal for the current task, not modal task. Tasks are not modal, forms are modal.

Besides, the names are not our invention, these are official constant names defined by MS for Winforms.

You should know the VFP messagebox and getfile dialogs are all part of the Win32 API and could also be created with API calls, the broader topic is common dialogs.

There you have the constants and their meaning. I wonder why you only questioned my use of a constant, as vernspace used even more constant definitions, even without using them all...
It's really just very basic normal practice to use constant names for numbers so code makes more sense already from reading it, without needing intellisense or inspection of the parameter meanings.

Chriss

Chris,
Sorry, it was not my intention to criticize you. I just wanted to know why one would prefer to use a #DEFINE for a value instead of just using the value. You and Mike made it clear to me.
Thanks for explication.
Stay healthy,
Koen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back