Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Line Apearance Key Won't Deactivate or Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyKelleher

Programmer
Feb 19, 2002
US
I had setup our system to have a cordless phone as the operator and several users had line appearance keys for that extension 2900. I then setup a voice mail box for that extension in our call express system and setup message waiting line appearance keys on the user’s extensions as well.

At some point someone in the department changed the configuration and removed the call express mailbox for extension 2900 and made 2900 a secondary mailbox for our operator's desk phone extension 2000.

All the extensions with the 2900 message waiting appearance are lit and I can not get them to go out and therefore can't change a phone for one of the users since I can't even delete there extension and recreate it. I can't even delete the message waiting line keys for any of the extensions they are programmed on.

I did notice that the embedded voice mailbox of 0 was tied to extension 2900 and set to transfer only in the mitel controller. I am not sure how long it has been that way and we do not use the embedded voice mail.

I have tried recreating the voice mail in call express and leaving a message then deleting it. I also tried the feature access code to deactivate the message waiting for 2900 without luck.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance

The lamp is due to mailbox 0.

Change the associated extension of 0 back to zero

Create an embedded mailbox 2900 with associated extension 2900 and then delete it.

Do not delete mailbox zero as a shortcut - you've been warned.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

This did not work. I also tried changing the 2900 extension to a regular phone with soft keys and I can activate and deactivate the message waiting light on that phone but I can no longer activate or deactivate line keys associated with 2900 message waiting. I added one to my phone and it is off and I can not light it.

Any other thoughts?

System type?

SX2000 cabinet with a 3300 controller and a teleworker system release 7.1.

Extension 2900 is analog
Other extensions with 2900 message waiting line keys are Multiline IP or DNI. Some are ACD as well.

Does the Locate Feature Extension 2900 tell you that the message is a Callback Message or Dialed Message waiting?

If Dialed message waiting you might be able to turn it off by using the Feature Access code for Dialed Message Waiting Off.

If it is a callback message, you might have to do a software backup and restore.

Wonderful it is a callback message.

Is this an easy procedure to backup and restore the software. I know how I have just never operformed a restore and do not need anything to break on me.

I you've ever done an upgrade, you've done a restore.

I'm not certain that this process will eliminate the lamp. I suspect that the lamp is set against a port on the 2K per node which can be a pain to remove.

Wait a bit to see if anyone else has a better suggestion.

Before doing the Backup and restore I suggest DBMS save and DBMS Check Full to see if you have any DB errors.

I am having this problem atm too.

I have done almost every thing to try and get rid of the MWI.

I have deleted the voicemail box, deleted the extension.
removed message waiting from all COS except the VM ports. done DBMS checks checked the sys logs.....

i still havent found an answer.

I know this when you do a database backup it will bring the callback on again.

I am going to try to do a database restore next week to see how it goes.

will keep you all posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back