Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message waiting is lit, but no messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your going to have to give more info Meridian mail or Call Pilot and what type of switch,did you do a search on the DN or DN's that the phone has

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

its a MM,
HOW DO I FIND THE DN THAT ITS SET AGAINST MY DN?

THANKS

OK - what model PBX are you using? Are you using CallPilot or Meridian Mail?

You can query either CallPilot or Meridian Mail to see if there's an MWI DN for the one in question and take it out that way.

If that DN is not listed as an MWI DN on any other mailbox, then you'll need to add an MCK key to a phone, press that and enter the the DN that you want to extinguish the MWI on.

its a meridian mail...how do I query the MM for MWI for that dn?

thanks.

Are there any DNs that appear on that phone that are single appearance DNs? CallPilot/Meridian Mail Mailbox X notifies the PBX to light the MW light for DN X. If DN X appears as key 0 on a single phone, that's the light that is lit. If it appears only once on key 4 of your phone and nowhere else, it lights your phone.
So check for mailboxes for all of the DNs that appear on this phone.

do I have to go physically to the dn that appear in the dn that is gutting lit and check the messages?

In Mail where you Modify Add and delete mailboxes, do a FIND when the field comes up input each extension that is on the phone on the line that reads Extension Number (DN)then hit LIST or PRINT. Make sure that all the extensions on that phone only appear in one mailbox

i did.

it only appear the dn that has the problem(2510)...nothing else.

the user just told me that the light goes on at 8am and 12pm every day...then she logs in and it disappear....but no messages were pending...

tommy

I would out the phone and rebuild it. Put an mck and an mik key on your phone.

Also put the extension in the field called Message Waiting Indication DN and then do a LIST or PRINT

When you are doing as PerryPJ said, make sure that you have no other criteria listed. Just go to 'find' then go down to message waiting indication dn and put the dn of the phone that has the light.

OK, let's start again can you Print the TNB and post it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back