Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting for MAS 2.0 with Clustered 3300's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wythefan

Technical User
May 20, 2009
US
I am trying to set up MWI on MAS 2.0 for 2 3300 controllers. I can not get it to work by using DTMF signaling method below. I have followed it to the letter. Below is instructions per MAS 2.0 I/M manual. Any advice is appreciated.

Program Message Waiting Indication
You can program Message Waiting Indication to flash a lamp on a user’s phone when the user
has a voice mail message waiting in their mailbox. There are two possible configurations:

• You can configure the system to use DTMF signaling to send the message waiting indication
to the voicemail port. This configuration supports multiple MCD network elements in a
cluster, but requires an additional voicemail port.

OR

• You can configure an HCI Reroute phantom hunt group to route the message waiting signals
to the user voice mailboxes. This configuration is only supported for one MCD system, but
it doesn’t use a voicemail port.

To program MWI indication using DTMF signaling:
1. In the User and Device Configuration form, create a virtual port:
MAS Installation and Administration Guide
- Number: Enter a unique directory number
- Device Type: 5020 IP
- Hot Desk User: No
- Voice Mail: No
- Class of Service Day: COS (Day) (Night 1) (Night 2) = COS 84
2. In the Hunt Group Assignment form, add the directory number to the NuPoint MWI Hunt
Group as the last member of the Voicemail hunt group.

To support MWI indication using HCI Reroute:
1. In the Hunt Group form, program a HCI Reroute Phantom hunt group and enter the
following parameters:
- Hunt Group: Enter a unique directory number for the hunt group pilot number
- Hunt Group Mode: Circular
- Hunt Group Priority: Set a hunt group priority (Default 64)
- Hunt Group Type: HCIReroute
2. In the Telephone Directory form, assign the name "HCI Reroute" to the Hunt Group
directory number.
3. In the Call Rerouting Assignment forms, program the system to route the message waiting
signals to the user voicemail boxes. Refer to the MCD System Administration Tool for
instructions on how to configure call rerouting.
MAS Programming for NuPoint Unified Messaging
1. Log

If you are using the Nupoint application simply use the DTMF to PBX Message Waiting. You will have to create a line group, add a MW port to the line group. The MW port must have a COS that includes PERMANENT DND and VOICEMAIL PORT options. The port must also be a member of the VOICEMAIL HUNT GROUP in the 3300. The HCI configuraton is used mostly on the ESNA platform (windows).

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

The Best method is to use the Mitai Message waiting type. No dedicated ports required.

The method is clearly laid out in the Tech Handbook.

Minor programming required on the 3300 to create a HCI Huntgroup but well worth the effort.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I am using DTMF signaling because this is a clustered....HCI is supported only on 1 MCD.

You can configure the system to use DTMF signaling to send the message waiting indicationto the voicemail port. This configuration supports multiple MCD network elements in acluster, but requires an additional voicemail port.

You can configure an HCI Reroute phantom hunt group to route the message waiting signalsto the user voice mailboxes. This configuration is only supported for one MCD system, butit doesn't use a voicemail port.

HCI with the 6510(ESNA) works with multiple clustered systems. I can't see why a Nupoint would be any different. Can you refer to a specific document for the nupoint that supports your claim?

kwbMitel...This is straight out of MAS 2.0 Install and Maint guide.......bottom of page 37

Program Message Waiting Indication
You can program Message Waiting Indication to flash a lamp on a user’s phone when the user
has a voice mail message waiting in their mailbox. There are two possible configurations:

• You can configure the system to use DTMF signaling to send the message waiting indication
to the voicemail port. This configuration supports multiple MCD network elements in a
cluster, but requires an additional voicemail port.

OR

• You can configure an HCI Reroute phantom hunt group to route the message waiting signals
to the user voice mailboxes. This configuration is only supported for one MCD system, but
it doesn’t use a voicemail port.
To program MWI indication using DTMF signaling:
1. In the User and Device Configuration form, create a virtual port:

Thanks Wythefan,

I was unaware of that note.

That being the case I have previously (and currently) setup Mitai MWI in a clustered Environment with a Nupoint without issues. I will test further next week and investigate directly with Mitel TAC as the note does not seem to reflect reality.

In the meantime, I recommend you follow the manual.

I think to if the Nupoint is using a resilient hunt group you have to use DTMF for message waiting.

Sorry its been a while since I programmed up a voicemail. It doesn't seem that the process has changed given the procedure you show. WYthefan, you have to setup a message waiting on and off code in the 3300s and enter that in the Nupoint. Although you give the procedure from the manual, you don't say if you did that.

I tested with a dedicated Nupoint (Not MAS) and no issues with Mitai MWI on remote system.

I think the note might be a leftover from bygone days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back