Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message notification to a pager in Essential edition ? is it possible 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattm

Programmer
May 17, 2012
US
I'm working on a Dr office layout and their Nortel has a feature that allowed us to have an "emergency mailbox" for after hours. Patient leaves message , once the call is completed the mailbox calls the Dr on call pager and outpulses the office number and mailbox. Well their Nortel is fading fast now. Is that possible to replicate on the IP Office ( would be R9.1 ) in Essential by chance? I'm not sure if VM Pro could do but I assume it would be able to?

Thanks

I believe you can do this through outcalling to a cell number etc... essential will give you embedded voicemail which can do outcalling. so have an option off the auto attendant to transfer to an extension that goes to voicemail immediately telling the caller to leave a message which should then out call to a cell number

Update the process as well as the telephone system. Set-up voicemail to email for the doctor for the emergency mailbox. They can change the email address if they need to take turns with emergency calls. I have a bunch of doctor's offices that do this. Get rid of the pager.

This is an older Dr. He wants no part of change. You dont think I had that conversation about VM to EM? even outcalling to a mobile phone directly?? You bet I have.. he doesn't want to budge.

Outcalling uses the 50:Main ARS table. You could set the outcalling number in the mailbox to 9123456, add an entry to the ARS table of 123456 / dial / 5551212,,,,,,,,XX where 5551212 is the pager number, XX is the number to be displayed, and play with the number of commas to get the right delay between dialing and entering the number to be displayed.

Just worked with a customer using analog lines, wanting to block their outgoing caller id on a per-call basis. When dialing *67 with a butt set on the line, it took 4 seconds for the telephone company to return a stutter dial tone to accept the rest of the dialing. Made a shortcode of *67N/dial/N/ARS-51, and ARS 51 has one entry, N/Dial/*67,,,,,N

We tested that today on a system on the bench. Worked like a charm Thank you Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back