Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Lamp problems using diferent Voice Mail System

Status
Not open for further replies.

CELE1

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
MX
I'm having problems with message indicator on my phones no matter if digital o analog. My system is a Definity G3v8i.02.0.034.5 and I'm using different Voice Mail system called Key Voice and a Calista as a bridge between PBX and the Voice Mail system.
I think it's a signaling problem because I can turn on/off the indicator manually but not the VM, this was working before and we had to move to a different cabinet the ports/extensions that connect the VM.

Any suggestion ?

CELE1

Third party voice mail integrations typically usually designate one of their ports to act as the message light port. This port turns on and off all message lights.. See if you can determine if this is the case. Hope this helps

Thanks
Chris

If the Voicemail system is using the Leave Word Calling (LWC) feature to switch the light on and off, the command to deactivate needs to come from the same port on the Definity as issued the activate. As you mention that the Voicemail system is now connected in a different cabinet, I'd expect the main problem will be an inability to switch off the MWI on those phones that were lit prior to the move.

If this is the case, either use the command "clear amw all ext" for each of the ext that have the MWI locked on, or find the port that the Voicemail used to use to activate and deactivate and dial the fac + ext (where fac is the LWC deactivate code).

I apologize, I made my question in wrong way. The case is this, we have two Definity's in different location, these are connected via E1 link (30 channels), this trunk is configured as ISDN-PRI in both ends, in one of the Definity's where is also located the Voice Mail System it works fine the WMI.
The problems come when the VM tries to switch on/off the indicators of stations in the other PBX, the problem I presume is not the VM, I'm still believing it's something related to signaling between the 2 PBX, because we can manually turn on/off the indicators being at one location, but I can not do this remotely from one location to another station from the other one and viceversa, the Voice Mail does switch the WMI just for all the stations from it's location.

Did you set up both switches for DCS-networking? I also had some troubles this week setting it up. The explanation in the Definity book isn't very clear, because in 1 example they use all kind of links.
Look for the Intuity Audix handbooks, they must be downloadable somewhere. I followed the guidelines for the switch integration using (ISDN) DCS-Link. And got it all working. With the feature acces code (our standard *40) I'm able to turn the MWI on on a station in another city.

When you know to find the right books it isn't very hard to setup.

Hope this helps..

John

I'm still having same problem, and it reduces the thing to the FAC's.
We can use other FAC's between stations from one loctaion to other like fordwaring and some others but no the FAC for switch the MWI between locations.
Any tip?

Thanks

Think still is something wrong with the link between the locations, with the FAC to turn on the MWI you actually send a signal over the link to the other processor.
Tomorrow at work I will post the programming we did for the link. At first we were able to make a phonecall between both sites without a problem. But when tracing the trunk we saw a message that when using voicemail the AUDIX wasn't available and with the MWI FAC we got a busy tone.

John

Thanks to all who answered.
The problem was solved just rebooting the PBX.
We just configured the trunk using same parameters as follows:
Signaling Mode:ISDN-PRI
Interface: Network
Line Coding: hdb3
Using DCS
The only change we made was change "Primary D-Channel" to different port

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back