Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

whrogner

Technical User
Jul 11, 2017
US
So I acquired a meridian cabinet for free. (see pics) I am using an old dell with windows XP to hyperterminal into the PBX. On initial powerup, it looks like the system boots fine. However once it goes through the power up, I don't get the > prompt, it skips to OVL111 000 then it just repeatedly says CSA001 9 date and time. I don't see a Meridian Mail in any of the slots, so I don't know. I got this for free so I in no way want to buy anything for it as I am just playing around with it for shts and gigs. I am not a meridian expert either. I am using a null modem cable w 2400 baud same as the SSC (NTDK20FA). Is there a solution?

IMG_4633_q6yhu3.jpg

IMG_4634_ihezxw.jpg

IMG_4635_kll6he.jpg

IMG_4637_hckl9t.jpg

Yes, I've seen this before. I usually change the baud to 9600 as it's easier to do. What TTY cable are you connecting with as you need to be using the one marked "0" as the cable normally splits into 3 TTY serial ports numbering "0" to "2" and "2" tends to be the CDR port.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hey Firebird, thanks for the response. I am using a standard DB9, I believe it is only 4 pin so no handshaking. Do I need a special cable?

I have an Option 11 Mini system where slot 4 has a 48 port digital card fitted. I have serial port access via the 3 port cable with a Nortel item code of NTBK48AA. Google it and see if you can obtain one.

Rear_of_Option_11_Mini_w3dkip.jpg

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Hmm. Ok I found a 3 way cable on ebay it isn't cheap so I may hold off until I find one cheap. Question though, the ends of the cables are a DB25, if I only have a DB9 on my laptop how would I interface this?

Lol ya that's the one I have saved in my ebay. No I have not tried any of that. I just downloaded Putty and it seems to work a little better. I may have to breakdown and buy the cables. I wasn't going to sink any money into this but the urge to get this running is intensifying for some odd reason.

>On the Nortel cable, how does it connect to the PC? do I need to buy a converter since the cables terminate to DB25?

You might require a 9 way to 25 way RS232 connector and a null modem.
If your computer is fairly new, it might not have a serial port and you will probably need a USB to serial port lead.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Ok, so I finally go to where I can read the system from PUTTY. I tried to load the software (CTRL I) and it is asking me for security keys. So basically unless I know those I cant really do anything correct?

Firebird is pointing....from the above pic it seems to be 10***764 something like...

download6f6b1610_Pictures_2fScreenshots_2fScreenshot_2017-07-16-15-30-54-678_dr86jf.png

Hi gents, Is this the number you are referring to? (Security ID)

IMG_4647_ujzslf.jpg

I don't have full access to actually view the keycode, but I was able to find that your dongle had keycodes generated for release 03.00.

Serial Number=921782
Order Date=12/18/04
Ship Date=01/06/05
Security Id=10206764
Aux Id=921782
System Type=OPT11C Cabinet
Feature Set=N.America Premium Network Servi (NTSK01GA)
Additional Packages=22,57
S/W Release=03.00
ISM Parameters=
TNS 2500
ACD_AGENTS 10
ACDN 300
AST 1
DSL 150
LTID 0
RAN_CON 0
RAN_RTE 500
MUS_CON 0
Wireless_Telephones 0
Digital_Telephones 120
Analogue_Telephones 104
TMDI_D-Channels 64
ITG_ISDN_Trunks 24
Attendant_Consoles 2500
Class_Telephones 8
Data_Ports 2500
Phantom_Ports 2500
Traditional_Trunks 2500
Internet Telephones 0
Survivablility 0
Wireless_Visitors 0
PCA 0
IP PEER 0
BRAND 2

Voicemail system was shown as..

Serial Number=921782
Order Date=03/18/02
Ship Date=04/17/02
Product Serial No=921782
Software Release=13.13
Product Features=
Platform: COPT
Disk: 300mb
Nodes: 1
Storage Hours: 24
Storage Level: 3
Full Serv Ports: 12
Voice Menus
NMS 7 Locations
Nbr Languages: 1

What was interesting in your photo was that it showed your SSC card having version 03.00, and this is correct to what I have found. As you are able to log in OK, can you go to LD 22 and print off

REQ SLT

REQ TID

REQ ISSP

The "SLT" will give you the actual keycodes which are 3 sets of numbers. Don't lose them as you will find it difficult getting them.

Also, go into LD 143 and key in upgrade, then 3 for utilitites. There should be an option to get the installation summary that I think is option 7 although it depends on the software version.

Print all this off as it needs to be used in conjunction with the keycodes when rebuilding the software again.

Finally, go into LD 43 and key in "DAT" as this will show if the system does a backup and the main and backup locations would normally be the same date whereas the secondary tends to be the previous day or when it was last backed up. This will confirm that your dongle ID is paired with your daughterboard OK.

You said that you don't think you have the voicemail system?. Did you get another cabinet as the voicemail would have been in slot 10 on the expansion cabinet. It would have looked along the lines of what I have in the attached photo.

Pace_Banbury_11C_Mini_Slots_7-10_mozc3m.jpg

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Thanks for the info Firebird! No I've never actually been able to log in. When I switch on the pbx it will run through startup but ultimatley it just keeps repeating CSA 001 9 timedate. I never get the > prompt, but I am able to type in between the repetitive CSA message.

When I type LOGI I get PASS? BUT the keyboard locks out and I cannot type anything. If I hit enter it gives a warning on authorized users and an OVL and TTY 00 message.

I obtained the information I posted by invoking Ctrl I.

As for the voicemail, no I never had another cabinet other than this one.

The keyboard does not locks...you keep on typing the password..it's invisible..the screen doesn't show anything..try to login with username admin2 and password 0000.

Firebird I sent you a message don't know if you got it. Soooooo I figured out the ADMIN1 and 2 are not default. So I'm pretty much over this. I don't have the key codes and without the login passwords I'm done. I managed to get into PDT but I have no idea what any of those commands do or how to use them correctly.

Thanks Firebird for all the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You too little master.

Last I knew you could only install software from TTY 0 and it would appear the system at least thinks you have Meridian Mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back