Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian loop start trunk issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wififreak

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2006
US
The new site I am working at has 6 inbound loop start trunks that keep locking up. I have been through all the programming and cannot find the source of the problem. Even the CO has these lines lock up at there site. So far the only way I have found to reset them is to disable and re-enable supervision on the trunks using LD 14. Has anyone else run into this problem?

change them to ground start
Loop is not recommended because of that reason

It's only dialtone-VZ

Ground start is not an option. We will be installing a PRI shortly and the provider does not have the facilities. In the mean time until I can get the PRI installed I don’t want to have to keep coming in and resetting the trunks. Does anyone know if a different type of supervision could help?

Never mind I just found the stuck trunk thread. It deals with the same issue I will follow that one.

try changing supervision to no

It's only dialtone-VZ

This is what I always do.

Change the timers on that particular route.

LD 16
REQ: CHG
TYPE: RDB
Cust:XX

CNTL:YES

DSI:768
EOD:4992
and also change

FEDC : ETH
NEDC : ETH

FEDC : ETH
NEDC : ETH
[/code]

with spvn no, that almost never hangs a trunk, but loop start will hang, i've changed thfd on all analogs to help with the problem, but loop start and pbx is never a permanent solution...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back