Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merdian Mail auto attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHPW84

Technical User
Aug 10, 2010
GB
Good Morning,

Im having issues with trying to set up a menu type system in my phone system. Its the sort where the caller will press a number depending on what department they want.

So far i have got the following set up in the
"Voice Services Administration Screen "

Voice Services-DN table:

7003 - MS - 2 - Main Menu
7008 - MS - 3 - Wholesale menu
7009 - MS - 4 - Retail Menu

Voice Menu Definitions:

2 - Auto Attendant
3 - Wholesale Attendant
4 - Retail Attendant

(These are the only 2 screens i have done anything in, Maybe I have missed something)

So when I dial 7003 i get a spoken menu (Recorded myself) stating press 1 for wholesale and 2 for retail. The idea then is that these to numbers will then list a load of departments that can then be called.
But when pressing 1 or 2 i just get a dead tone. I cant seem to work out where i need to set these 2 numbers up. 7003 was already set up from when someone else started to do this. I have searched the phone system high and low looking for where 7003 is set up, but cant find it anywhere.

Everything else i think i have worked out.

I must express that i am not an expert in this system, Everything is self taught. And unfortunately i don't have anyone to turn to for help with in the business. So please when replying to this post please try not to use terms that i wont understand :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards Chris

Fo to the Voice Menu Definitions, find the menu you want to edit, and make the choices "CL" for "Call" and enter the extension the menu should transfer people to.

Here is a quick navigation guide:
--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I can get the 7003 number to call other extensions with out any problems. But 7003 was already set up, I just modified it. The 7008 / 7009 numbers are new. In the Voice Menu Definitions screen they are then setup to dial various extensions depending on what number is pressed.

I need to somewhere define the 7008 and 7009 numbers like 7003 has been. I just dont know where......

Regards Chris

On MS 2 do you have option 1 as MS 3 and option 2 as MS 4? What options are defined for those MS and are they recorded?

I would attach a few screen shots if i knew how to.....

The idea is our main office number will be forwarded to 7003

Here the call will be asked

Press 1 for Distribution
or
Press 2 for Retail

"Caller presses 1" this then in theory will dial 7008 and then the caller is asked again
Press 1 for planning
or
Press 2 for Transport

and so on.

The problem is as soon as the caller selects retail or Distribution the line goes dead.

Again, I have a word doc showing screen shots but i cant seem to attach it.

Regards Chris

The way it flows is as follows:
using your DID (or alternate number) lets say 7008 for this example, build ACD NCFW to the voice mail extension
opt 3
opt 4
opt 1 this will give you voice services DN table add an entry access DN as 7008, Service MS , voice menu ID 7008100 (I use 3 digit extender on the original numbers so if you are ever looking through this again it is easy to tell what belongs with what)
Save will take you back to the menu.
Exit once then enter opt 6
In voice menu definition add new using voice ID 7008100 from above. enter revert number and update password. (do not fill out the access password unless you want this to be private access using whatever numbers you add in that line.
fill out the numbers using the options at the top of the page making sure you add comments so you can follow it easier in the future.
To call a specific number enter (action) CL and then (calling number) xxxx for the specific ext you want it to go to.
To make sub menus substitute MS in place of CL and enter the next ID (ie 7008110) then build a new voice menu definition to send it to particular extensions using the CL options described above.
Once you have recorded the menu, you should be good to go.
You can build your own private menu and play with all the options to see how they work and integrate with the rest of the options easily, just think logically and plan out your options on paper. Soon you will be able to do this in your sleep!

Thanks trvlr1

I have already done the majority of what you have put, although the bit I am missing is the ACD NCFW part.

Could you please explain this in a little more detail.

Regards Chris

in your PBX, LD 23
PRT
ACD

If it is there already it will print out. If not:

REQ NEW
TYPE ACD
CUST 0 (or what ever your customer number is)
ACD 7008
then enter down to
MAXP 1
then enter down to
NCFW xxxx (voice mail access number)
enter through all other options until you get the REQ prompt back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back