Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudarda

Technical User
Feb 9, 2005
AR
I have an application 2.6 DOS low windows 98 the one that has not presented problems until the moment, but now she has begun to give the lack error by heart even when printing after carrying out previous tasks with the program.
The config.fp this this way

tmpfiles=c:\temporal
sort;edit;progwork idem folder
mvcount = 2048
memlimit=80,2048,16384
ems=on

In the config.sys
files=250

Some suggestion?

If you still have this problem, please describe the error exactly as it is displayed on the screen. Your description of the error is confusing and that may be why no one has replied.

files = 250

Some Windows versions such as Windows Millennium and NT/2000/XP automatically assign 30 file handles to a DOS window. I don't know what WIndows 98 does. The maximum possible is 255 so the user can only request up to 225 more file handles (255-30=225). I've never needed more than 80 or 100 and I do not think your programs are so complex to need more. Try this lower number instead, or a smaller number such as 100 or 200:

files = 225

The other problem is often related to the printer driver in use. Did they recently update or change their printer or driver?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back