Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site Migration Problems, anyone? 1

Chriss Miller

Programmer
Aug 14, 2024
That didn't go well for me,

I couldn't login to my old account!
Anyone else had the same problem?

It may not be worth mending, because it's easy to create a new account, but I wonder what went wrong.

What I know from the old site is, what I found out by accident: The password you use also works, if you enter it all lower case and only use the first 10 characters.
Maybe that's not true anymore now after migration. Theoretically it should not matter, as long as it's not the passowrd but a (cryptographically secure, of course) password hash is stored. To still work, the same login mechnism is necessary also on the new site, i.e. the same hash algorithm used, etc. Seems there is something gone astray.

Otherwise, let's see how this new site look and feel works out, Forum TGML seems to still exist...
Code:
USE table.dbf

Chriss

Without the reset.

You just have to shorten it to the length that was effectively only used in the old site. So I remembered my password, as I said earlier, but it was longer than what was effectively used and so the correct long password didn't work.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back