Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

memory ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

XWalrus2

Programmer
May 27, 2002
US
I am having trouble with my memory. Something, and i have no idea what, is suddenly using around 500mb memory in a virtual memory pagefile on my harddisk. It slows down my computer, and is pissing me off immensely. It will come around every 5 or 10 minutes, then disappear as qickly as it came. I ran windows task manager to moniter what could possibly be loaded into memory, btu i didn't see any new processes appear when it happened. I have scanned for viruses, and the computer has none. This morning i woke up and the computer was displying what looked like a bunch of randomly colored pixels, except the pixels were about the size of a letter in DOS. I had to reset the computer to get it out of this screen. This is the first time i have seen something like that screen. I have no idea what is going on, and i need help!

More information please: size/type of current memory sticks? ectra, ectra, size of H/drive and the like!
Then we all will have some thing to work on. jonjontheMighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back