Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo field in browse 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nro

Programmer
May 15, 2001
CA
Hello
Is it possible to open a Memo field programmatically when you browse a file? I can’t use a grid because it’s a legacy application.
Thank in advance.

ALT+F4 closes the browse window and you can let pageup and down do their work by programming the editobx.keypress. Eg define a grideditbox class with desired behaviour and add that instead of the normal textbox. You can toggle whether tab in an editobx cause indentation or tabbing to the next control (column) by AllowTabs.

Yes, new things have different behaviour, but you also see the advantage to display several lines, if you make the column wide and high enough.

Bye, Olaf.

Sorry, STRG+F4 would be the thing to KEYB to exit a browse window.

I agree with Dan, though, the solution fits and works easier. I tried to bind the editbox keypress to something of the browse window, but that didn't redirected PgUp and PgDwn to scroll the grid and needing a grideditbox and using DoScroll would overcomplicate things.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf, Les Pinter is one of my VFP hero :)

I think similarly as Olaf.

Modi Memo XX Wind YYYY Save Nowait
Browse Wind ZZZZ Save && this will stop two opened windows (one for Memo-content, one for browse)

Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back