Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Highlight a text in Memo field 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SitesMasstec

Technical User
Sep 26, 2010
BR
Hello colleagues!

I want to expose a question in a particular mode:

Last year I talk to a Mrs.Mariana, who is secretary of a firm I do not remember now, and I need to contact that firm tomorrow.

I have a file with hundreds of records and in the memo field of one of the records I registered 'Mariana' word. So it was easy to find that register, as I have a program which can search which records have the text I typed (%&Mytext%, which has 'Mariana') to search operation. It works very fine.

But I would like to highlight the text searched, like this:

TelaCadastro_zjid6q.jpg

Is it possible to have the searched text highlighted? (Because some records have tens of lines in the memo field).

Thank you,
SitesMasstec

I personally wouldn’t use arrow keys to change the readonly setting. I would use an EDIT button, together with SAVE and UNDO buttons. Perhaps a NEW button too. This makes users more aware of what they are actually doing.

Regards, Gerrit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back