Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD110 Support error

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4U

Technical User
Mar 5, 2004
SE
Hi
I have a DNA server on a location, when i tried to connect from the MD110 Support Client it´s have a error "Cannot open database"

I have reinstalld the DNA Applications but the problem is still ther.

the DNA server is DNA5.0 SP6
and i use Telnet to connect to the PBX

//
Jonas

Hi,

In client do you only have probems with MD support? Directory manager for example can connect to DNA server?
If Dna server are installed in windows 2000 with Service pack 4 for, don't forget to apply the DNA hotfix for this.

BR,

AT MD SUPPORT GO TO APPLICATION MENU AND SEARCH FOR ACCESS CONTROL, THEN CLICK AT MINUS AND TRY AGAIN.
MAYBE IT CAN SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

hello
thanks all

1 yes i have the hotfix and it still dont work
2 i cant sync becuse i cant get logon whited the user

and DNA server i runing on a 2000 sp4
and all the cilents are runing XP Pro

the thing is when i install the client the MD110 Suport
works four a fine i 1-3 days after that it dos not work

/jonas

Hi,

Desinstall the client and install again and don't forget before the instalation to change regional settings input local to English(US) and remove all the others languagues.

Did you apply any windows hotfix before the DNA instalation?

Best Regards,

i have reinstalld the DNA client and changs the regonal settings, but its works fine upp to 2-3 days after that
is not work
i have not done anything whited the server

first i thought that is was som FW that was not working
but the EMG does work fine..

i thinkt i give upp soon and tell my boss that i quit :-(
but i dont like to give up

thanks

It could very well depend on the number of clients that you allow to connect to the DNA-server (both SQL and win2k have a licensapplication where you can specify how many clients that is allowed to connect to the server and database)

NANSI

Nansi thanks
i dumb Qestion :-S
where do i find the licens program
its not the licsens to DNA server or ??
is it in the control panel ?

uppdate
we have fund its Soludus eCare and dna application
that dont like to work
/jonas

We have DNA5 running on 2000, with XP Pro Clients.. No problem.

Do all of your DNA Applications work while physically on the server? - If not make sure you can get those working first.

After this, try again on the client - Do you get any error messages on the screen.. connection time out etc ???

When you have extension manager working, does it show all of the correct and UP TO DATE information on "system information" screen. You can also test the database connection with the tool bar "others" then "global search" select subsciber name from the drop down box and search on a name you know should be there.. this will perform a search of the DNA Database, if it does not work then are using EMG in offline mode (and need to get the Database link sorted, see mapping network drive in the next para).

Are your clients part of the same domain as the server? If not you may have to map a drive for the \\DNA folder on the server (may be useful to add this anyway as this will also overcome any discrpencies in logon on credentials)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back