Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MC-8 has code M004 and host is down 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msobkowi

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
CA
Anybody know what the M004 code means. The system goes into survival mode and the IP for the MC-8 is no longer available and the LEDs show M004

Thanks

and the host is up? daughter board? what do you get on a network test.. is this switched network or point to point?

when this dies can you ping

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Basically what is happening is that the host is physically still alive, the light on the SSC card is still green, but the IP address is dead on a ping. The configuration is a point-2-point. I have to reboot all three components (CS,Signaling and MG) so that it goes back into regular mode. I'm going to put the console up and log whats going on, maybe something is going on. Any idea on the code though, M004

Thanks

M004 means that 4 IP phones have registered to the LTPS of that card and that card is the Master of the node. It must be communicating with a call server or you would get a different code. Most of the time when a media card reads M:xxx that means your sig server is down. If everything was right, your media card should read F:000 meaning Follower with zero sets registered to it. When the sig server goes down, one of the media cards take over and become the Master and start registering phones.

Hope this points you in a good direction. I would have to assume that the IP you think is the MC-8 is actually the sig server and your sig server has problems.

Good Luck
Rob

Nice. Thats the information I was looking for. These devices are in a staging environment, so they seem to be going down after some testing to them.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back