Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MBox in use-can't delete mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathyrt

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2001
US
When I try to delete a user mailbox I get the message "MBox in use" and it can't be deleted. I have checked and deleted all voicemail messages associated with that mailbox number. Does anyone know what else I can check?

Do you have this mailbox as a direct VM transfer in a CCR tree? You can delete it unless the CCR tree is removed from service.

We do not use the CCR tree. We just use an Automated Attendant. I checked, and there are no CCR trees built in our system. Any other ideas why I would get the 'MBox in use' message when I try to delete the mailbox?

even if you dont use, the tree might have been built and left there, just double check that the CCRs dont have any entry in any path for the mailbox in question

And when you check if the mailbox is in any of the CCR trees, don't forget to check tree # 5, that sneaky hidden tree used as a workspace by the system. (oh yea, done that!)

Elise

Hmmm. I still don't seem to have CCR trees. If I open admin (feature 983), then choose:
Admin: other
Admin: CCR
CCR Admin: Admin
CCR tree: here I tried trees 1-4 and got the New tree: Build Quit menu, so there must not be any trees, right? This is the only way I know to check.
Then I tried CCR tree: 5 and it said Invalid tree. Is there another access to tree # 5? Do you think it could be an equipment problem? I appreciate your help.

Is this a NAM or Flash?
You can try directory report to see who it's associated with. I don't think it can have 2 phones (like the CP), but you never know.

did you try a reboot...turn off autoset relocate and change the dn of the set on system that was assigned to vmbox ..then reboot vm then try to del vmbox

ONLY 21 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

luv2ski, your rebooting sequence worked! Thanks so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back