Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

elf21

Technical User
Feb 16, 2006
US
I have a license for 30 copies of Adobe Photoshop. Is there a way I can install it on 30 computers at once? I know I can share one CDROM drive and then run the installation package from there, but that still requires going over to each machine to do the installation. Is there a way I can install the program on all computers, from one computer, all at the same time?

Running Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP clients.

Thank you.

Oh, I guess you were asking how to launch the installation automatically too.

There are many tools that you can use to initiate programs on remote computers, one of those I've used before is psexec from systernals: The command to run this would be something like:

for /F %1 in (clientlist.txt) DO psexec.exe \\%1 \\server\share\setup.msi

Where clientlist.txt is a list of your workstations. I'd try this on a couple at a time, or even one to begin with until you work out all the syntax and correct paths. You may have to supply passwords and other options, but the link above has all those and explanations.

Have you checked Adobe's site? They have tools for Acrobat to deploy it to many users. Maybe they have tools for Photoshop as well.

network imaging software such as ghost or trueimage would also do the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back