Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS Windows Activiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bholzi88

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2010
US
Happy holidays -- anyone have information on Windows activation for the MASs??? I installed this almost a year ago, delivered it to the customer, fired it up (implementation in a month and a half) only to be kicked out with the error that Windows had not been activated

Let me know if you can,
Brian

The Windows OS should have been activated as part of the installation. It is in the install guide.

I am aware, it has been done on the rest of my installations, this particular case was... Unique.

By that do you mean there is no way other than re-imaging?

If you can log into the OS, then you should be able to re-activate the OS. If not by online method then by telephone method.

If you can't log into the OS, even by using safe mode, then a reimage might be needed.

Thanks -- I was told no, but my resource did not try in Safe-Mode.

Unfortunately this did not work... Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Please review which may help resolve this issue.

If you are unable to log into the server I would contact Microsoft via the telephone option.

•Windows activation: (888) 571-2048
•Microsoft Office activation (United States only): (888) 652-2342
•TTY number: (800) 718-1599

Wow, AtAvaya. This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back